Strani

ponedeljek, 23. april 2012

World Book Day

As far as my memory goes, I've always had a little piece of my heart dedicated to books. And for a long time I just refused to admit that I read, because most of my classmates just never had. My grandpa was mostly my that-one-figure-with-a-good-taste-for-books-and-movies.
The books, you know, the books and more books......
At my grandparnets' house there is this room I claimed my own. It's full of books; war novels, romance stuff, different theoretical books, some on gardening, some on photography, encyclopedias, everything! And at night when I turned off the lights I could hear them, whispering stories od Napoleon times, Russian battles, girls in pretty dresses and lords on horses...And that room was (well, is) still my favourite in that house. And the smell of it and the smell of old books which my grandparents had been collecting for a long time...

And what I really wanted to say here was that this library that I regularly visit, was giving away books for free today (duh! it's the world book day), and I have to say, there weren't only ancient ones that most of us would just never need ever, but I found some very good ones, as you can see on the photo; Woolf, Gorky, Wharton, a book of fairy-tales in german, which might be useful for a) improving my german, or b) my students for practicing german pronounciation. So yay! Well and I found some more. It was a great catch!

And just to conclude, I tought quoting Мари́на Цвета́ева (Tsvetaeva, a russian poet) would be good for the occasion:
There are books so alive that you're always afraid that while you weren't reading, the book has gone and changed, has shifted like a river; while you went on living, it went on living too, and like a river moved on and moved away. No one has stepped twice into the same river. But did anyone ever step twice into the same book?

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar