Strani

petek, 13. julij 2012

Inspiration #2

Sitting here and browsing the Internet I am thinking: what could be a better way to spend your afternoon than browsing art pages, searching for new ideas of DIY to craft some new things for your new home. Trust me;    jobless, without inspiration and with loads of time on my hands, that's what I've been doing for quite some time now. And I've decided I should definitely get more creative. Not only because then I'll feel more useful, but also because this place need a bit of a spruce-up. And this is what I've found so far:

1. First of all, I want a special corner in the apartment, where we can set the real bar! I've always wanted it and now we talked about it. Yay! The idea is to put B&W photos of old and famous actors/actresses, glue them to the canvas and work with the photos until they look old/vintage. And then I thought what could go better with this than some cool lightning. So I started browsing a bit and found some great ideas; I had no idea, for instance, that you can make a really cool light with an empty wine bottle!

dyi hanging bottles
 
2. I actually want to cook more. Ever since I've started cooking for two and found some really cool websites with recipes, I gotta tell you it's all different. And so I saw some really funn(k)y menu planners. So I'm thinking of making one in the near future. Just for the fun of it, so that it's not just plain white paper pasted on the fridge in shabby writing.

3. Flowers! I've always watched my grandma growing flowers and my mum decorating the kitchen table with them. I think it'd be nice if I start doing the same. Last year I got some cute vases from Ikea and I bought 3 of them. I think they make a perfect pair. But now I've also found some ways how to make your own vases. No, not really make them, but decorate them and I thought this was a good idea: 
http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/04/simple-tips-to-tinting-bottles/
4. Candles! Lots of candles but sort of "hidden" so that the apartment doesn't resemble the cemetery:

For an outdoor barbeque, picnic or dinner party
http://budgetwisehome.com/
5. And as last but not least, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to figure out how we could grow some seasoning in the pots. I mean, it's not that it's difficult, it's just that I don't have that thing called green hand or fingers or touch, but it's quite the opposite with me; I have a black hand and usually murder all the plants. Nevertheless, here is a cool link to indoor gardening: 

http://thevintagewren.blogspot.com/2012/01/indoor-garden-revisited.html 


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar